Envelopes

I get the gorgeous Philatelic catalog from the USPS. Once I am through looking at it and deciding which pretty new stamps I need, I usually toss it in the recycling bin. This time I decided to upcycle it instead of recycle it - so I turned some of the pages into envelopes. The paper is sturdy enough and I understand that as long as there aren’t any postage stamp size images on it, it should go though the postal service just fine. I’ve sent out 2 letters in them and there haven’t been any complaints so far.

The ones with the square flaps were made with a template I created and the one with the pointed flap was made using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board. I love to use that for envelopes because it is so quick and easy, but I haven’t figured out how to make envelopes with the design going a straight across like the other ones rather than sideways. So, sometimes my own template is the way to go.

DSCN4693          DSCN4698

DSCN4694         DSCN4695

DSCN4696          DSCN4697

The paper is a coated glossy paper, so I use my ATG adhesive. Glue sticks wouldn’t work very well with this type of paper, I think it would come unglued before long. That would make ME come unglued!

If you will excuse me, I must get busy. I have more envelopes to make. No rest for the wicked, as they say ;-)

I recently won some goodies from JetPens.com - woohoo!! - so I will be back with a review as soon as they arrive.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, Great idea! I have saved my catalogs and now I know a good use for them. I also know that you are a stamper too, so I thought you would like a little tip ..use them for background layers on your cards. Hugs Lori Reinholz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I want to invest in a template now. Your work is always so well crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jackie! I invested in a template and used it. My craftsmanship needs a little work but am having much fun using some of the papers I'd thought of donating. Thank you. :D I'm having so much fun! I can make envelopes and watch the playoffs at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful envelopes! The paper weight on this particular catalog is perfect for craft projects.

    ReplyDelete